Web Warp Blog has been retired. For new posts please head to dmather.com.

Thursday 18 September 2008

Apple Remote iPhone App

Apple's iPhone is certainly the mobile of the moment, it seems like everyone is amazed when they see one. The best feature has to be the multi-touch UI. It makes it really interactive. Gestures such as 'Pinching' to zoom in and out and panning a map with your finger are so much easier to use than traditional mobile phones.

One feature that has really got my attention is the applications for the iPhone. You can download extra applications through Apple's iTunes software that thousands of people already use to sort their music for use on their iPod.

The Remote is an app made my Apple themselves and it connects to your iTunes library over Wi-Fi and allows you to control your iTunes library for track selection Play/Pause etc. This works particularly well if you have Airtunes .

Apple Remote iPhone App (Opens in iTunes)

4 comments:

MSHADOW said...

I didn't know that! Although now I have the remote application installed on my iPhone and it works perfect, I wonder if apple are going to release any more of their own apps soon ?

David said...

The only other app for the iPhone made by Apple is a poker game but I'm sure they will make and add more soon.

David said...

I think the picture is a bit big, sorry guys!

David said...

Apple have now released several more of their own Apps including the office suite of Pages, Keynote and Numbers as well as their iLife range, GarageBand, iMovie and iPhoto!