Web Warp Blog has been retired. For new posts please head to dmather.com.

Friday 29 January 2010

Google Chrome Crash Reload

Google Chrome's crash recovery is spot on, not only does it manage 'bad tabs' individually allowing you to just reload the tab not the whole program but when the program does crash it can reload all your tabs, as I found out earlier:

In a moment of calamity today I managed to switch off my PC from the plug! On rebooting windows I faced the daunting task of reopening all the programs and windows that I was using and trying to remember what unsaved things I had lost. I had a few tabs in Google Chrome with webpages that I had visited hours before but was still referring to. On reopening Chrome, with the intention of trawling through my history to find the right pages again, Chrome notified me that it hadn't previously been closed properly and promptly reopened all my previous tabs! Thank you Google!

I won't mention the Microsoft Office Auto Recover fun I had!

No comments: